Our yearly Vacay!


Going on vacation was a tough decision this year but I am so glad I made the choice to go. As a family we really needed this time together. I love the ocean and I knew I would feel close to my mom there also. I had told her a few weeks before that I would get into the water for her. She loved the ocean and even when she had to have her walker she still had to go get into the water. We would drag her walker with her holding on through the soft sand until we got to the water and she would walk out into the water with one of us on each side of her. I took this picture which I am going to put up on my wall just for her!


Although the trip was filled with sadness it was still a great time with my kids, all six of them came and it was so wonderful to have them all together. We spent time in the ocean because all my kids and my husband too cannot stand the lure of the water and have to go out and boogie board even when you know they are freezing to death!







We also got in a nice hike, this was before my oldest came to join us. She showed up unexpectedly and I was so happy!  I did forget to take a family pic though. We chose the Drift Creek Falls hike and it featured a suspension bridge and of course the beautiful waterfall. It was an amazing hike through the forest. If you love to hike the coast has some great trails to explore.  On our way back I could not resist taking a pic of this cute covered bridge.








One of our favorite destinations on our trips to Lincoln City is our yearly dinner out together at  https://www.pier101deluxebarandgrill.com/   We all enjoy the steamer clams as an appetizer and of course a few of our kids have to have the crab!  My fav is the fried seafood platter or the seafood fettuccine.  If you ever get the chance I highly recommend you try this place out. We have been going here every year for quite some time and it never disappoints.

Another of our favorite parts of Lincoln City is http://www.bobsbeachbooks.net/  I didn’t get a pic but this is probably the top reason we choose Lincoln City, most of us are avid readers and this book store is amazing. There are chairs throughout the shelves for you to use for thumbing through the books on your quest to find the perfect read!  I came home with 3, all of which I have already read. I have a love, hate relationship with reading!  I love to read but I hate that I never want to put a book down when I start reading it. I could be like my third child who takes a book on her horse to move cows. Good thing the horse knows to follow the cows!

We had an amazing time but all good things must come to an end so we took one last trip down to the water then packed up and headed home. Goodby till next year!  Some day I am going to own a home on the ocean.

Comments

Popular Posts