Goodby October, Hello November.


I cannot believe October is coming to a close. Where on earth did the month go?  I did do a lot in October, experienced a Hockey game for the first time. Went to a haunted corn maze, I am not a fan of scary things so that was a stretch, I know, I’m a wimp, it was not real, but I don’t like being scared!  I won’t watch scary movies even though I have a daughter that loves them and has tried her best to get me to watch them!  No way never!  I’ll stick to my happy movies like Disney😄
I finished two knitting projects that have been in the works for way too long!  And I’m learning to knit socks!  I bought myself a book on knitting socks from the toe up. I’ll have to let you know how that goes. 
And of course one major thing, I turned 50 and although my birthday was not what I had expected or planned, I was going to do a microbrewery tasting tour, I did have a nice surprise from friends who made it very special even though losing my mom made it a very difficult day for me. 
I am learning the best coping method at this time is to knit, which makes me feel close to her. I have so enjoyed knitting and am so thankful she passed on this skill to me. I never thought I could enjoy it as much as I have. It was always too slow and I’d lose patience with it. Sewing has always been more enjoyable. I have also accomplished some sewing and am getting some things added to my Etsy shop. If you’d like to check them out my Etsy shop is BackRoadKreations, all one word. I am really having fun with these little mini bags. They sew up so fast and it’s fun to pick out different fabrics to make them with.  I am hoping to share some easy sewing projects here as December nears. 

We are also ending Football and Volleyball season and will be heading into Basketball, a much busier season but I enjoy watching Basketball much more than the others!  Johns last football game is today and crazy I know, he starts basketball practice tomorrow. Who plans these things?! But being in middle school his season will end before Christmas so it’s nice and short. Cecilia will begin around the middle of November and being in High School will go into February. I’m really hoping for a nice winter but we really do need some good snow for moisture. 
The cows will be coming home soon from the mountains and so will begin the daily feeding times and new babies, hopefully not in my house!  Praying for a good calving season and healthy babies. It is nice to get them all home but my favorite is when it’s time to ship them to the mountains in the Spring. 
As we welcome in November I try to think daily of my blessings. There are so many things to be thankful for and at times it is so easy to get caught up in what isn’t going well and forget about all the things that are. I pray you all have a very blessed November. 

Blessings,
Anna




Comments

Popular Posts