A Strange New World



A Strange New World

I am not sure how many weeks we have been in this quarantine.   The only thing I do know is I cannot keep track of the days.  With no church it seems like everyday is Friday.   

I cannot complain much about being stuck at home because our lives are pretty normal compared to some.  Being on a farm allows us to have a fairly normal schedule.   But there is something about knowing you cannot do things that makes you want to do them more.  I mean I don't go shopping often but I sure would love a day at Hobby Lobby. 

Being on a farm also has advantages for my kids, they can keep busy with work so they don't get too bored.  Although it's soon time for our cows to head to summer pasture so they won't have as much to do.  Time to get those 4-H steers trained!









We have gone out on a couple of country drives just to break up the monotony.  Took a long Sunday drive to a destination we've talked about for a long time and never took the time to go.  Old Oregon Ghost towns are so fun to check out.  



Now I want to know what the deal is about toilet paper, seriously.  Thankfully I have always shopped a month at a time so I had just purchased a Costco pack the end of February and I am still doing good.  Although I ordered a pack online and it finally showed up yesterday, took an entire month!



I also made a few masks to send out.  They were kind of fun to sew, it's always fun to go through my fabric and choose fun prints.  



And since I haven't blogged in such a long time I hadn't talked about our exchange student that came to live with us this year.  She is from Brazil and she loves horses, perfect!  And she loves Basketball.  I am so thankful that this whole quarantine started after basketball.  I felt so bad for her when school ended in March.  We tried keeping her here with us because we are rural and felt she was safer with us but alas we had no choice but to let her go.  It was sad seeing her leave but I am thankful she is home and safe with her family.   



We also managed to put together a few puzzles, something I had not done in a while.  My husband even got involved and kept me up two nights in a row until midnight because he wanted to finish one of them!

So tell me what have you been up to during this quarantine?  Have you gotten long ignored projects done?  Have you been gardening?  Tried anything new?  

Blessings,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts