A new look for the kids' bedrooms!

Time to get back to my blogging after a too long absence.  I started a project in my kids rooms early September and finally finished them up about a week ago!  The floors were looking horrible in their rooms and really needed improving and I hate carpet!  So I went to work in Cecilia's room with plans to put laminate flooring in.  After moving everything out of her room I decided it needed a paint job before I did the floors.  So I bought the paint color she chose and set about painting, let me tell you I do not like to paint, but it really needed it and I figured it was better to do it now before I put new flooring down!  And it made a huge difference in the look of the room.  So glad I did it!  Here are some pics of the paint job and the laying of the floor.
 Here is the color it use to be!  It really needed a new look!
I did not take a separate pic of the paint job but you can see the nice grey color in this pic.  This shows the underlay for the flooring.
 And another one of the underlay.
 This is the beginning of the flooring.  It really isn't hard to do, I did this by myself and was able to do the entire floor in a day.  The hardest part is emptying the room to prepare!

 Here is another one.

 Here you can see the little green spacers you need to place between the flooring and the wall.  It is considered a floating floor so it needs this space to expand.  In the end it gets covered up with trim so no worries.

When you get to the vent, the part I hate, you have to measure and cut around it!
 To do the cut on the inside you just drill a hole big enough to fit the jig saw blade and cut across.  Don't stress over it looking perfect as it will be covered by the vent.

 Here it is all done and my uneven cut with the jig saw does not even show!  If you are thinking of doing a floor don't be afraid to go for it.  If I can do it anyone can!  The first floor I did was my living room and I learned how to do it by watching a you tube video!  There are some great ones out there!
 Here are some pics of the room all finished.  I built the window seat out of 1 by 12's.  I wanted cubbies for all of her stuff.  And she picked a Paris theme.

I still have a wall decal to add of the Eiffel Tower.  I really like the black out curtains over the blinds that use to be there.
After completing Cecilia's room Donald came home and asked if I would do his.  I told him if he emptied it I would.  So I did his next, no pictures of his.  Then on to John's.  He picked red for his room which I was a little sceptical about but when I finished it I thought it turned out looking pretty nice.  Here are some pics of his all finished.



He chose an area rug for his.  I think he chose this one because it will make great dividers for his farm!  I made him a shelf for under his window.  I still have a few things I want to do in each room.  I want to make a cushion for Cecilia's window seat out of Paris themed fabric and I have to paint the door trim and cut a 1/4 inch off the bottoms to fit the floor height but I am done for the most part and can now focus on some fun projects I have been wanting to do!

Blessings,
Anna


Comments

Popular Posts