Tortillas made with Young Living Einkorn flour


Finally got around to using some of my Einkorn flour from Young living.  I could not decide what I wanted to make and was hesitant to use it!  So last night I went for it and made tortillas for dinner and yum, they turned out great!  Even my husband and kids liked them!  Jerry ate three!  We also used our freshly canned salsa.  The recipe for the tortillas is on the side of the box.  Now I just have to decide what to try next!

 Here is the flour with 1 tsp each of salt and baking powder added.
1 Tbsp of coconut oil added.

 1/2 cup water and formed into a ball then left to rest with a damp cloth over it for 15 min.
Rolled out, they are very thin and I did not make them exactly round but we did not care!  And of course they must be cooked over medium heat until brown spots appear.  No oil added to the skillet.
And look how yummy that is!

If you would like more info on Einkorn flour here is what the Young Living  product guide says about Einkorn flower "Einkorn is the original “staff-of-life” grain, known as the oldest variety of wheat, which dates back to the beginning of time. Einkorn’s natural genetic code and low gluten levels make it a superior choice because of the compatibility with the human body when compared to the modern hybrid wheat of today. Einkorn grain is easier to digest, so nutrients are better absorbed. Today Young Living is helping to bring einkorn back to its rightful prominence in the world."  I also ordered the Einkorn pasta with my essential rewards points, cannot wait to get it and give it a try.  If you would like more info on Young Living and their products check out my website here.

Blessings,
Anna 

Comments

Popular Posts