My Photo Wall



Here is my photo wall, I am going to add a few more things to it. I am thinking maybe a big wooden M.  I could not get very good pictures because it is in my hallway and there's not much room to get back for a good picture.  I would like to do another in my living room just trying to decide what colors I want in there. Leaning towards turquoise.  And I need to make myself an entrance table before I do anything else in there.  I have been putting it off because I am not looking forward to tearing apart the pallets needed to make it! Plus my next project is going to be laying flooring in one of the bedrooms.  Here is how I made the pictures for my photo wall.

                                 
Print your picture in an 8 by 10 size. 

 Trim picture to fit your canvas.  Don't worry if it is not perfect, the edges will be covered.
Here is my canvas, I bought it at Hobby Lobby.
 Now that your pic is ready cover your canvas with mod podge.
 I try to make sure it is all nice and smooth.
 Lay your pic on the canvas, getting it as smooth as possible, and cover the pic with a layer of mod podge.   I use a small black sponge brush to paint the mod podge on.

 In this pic you can see there are wrinkles in the picture, do your best to smooth them out but keep in mind if you paint over and over it can take the color out of the picture.  I can never get it totally smooth, if anyone has a trick that works to get it totally smooth I would love to hear what it is.  The wrinkles don't seem to show that much when it is all done and hanging on the wall.
 Use a stencil brush to dab paint around the edges of your picture making sure to cover all sides of the canvas.  
I like to dab it so it looks blotchy all around and a little further in on the corners.

 Here is the final result!


Here are two that I had done previously, I like the black and white and the sepia but with the one I did today I just decided to try out the color.
So what do you think?  A pretty simple project and I love the way they look hanging on the wall.

Blessings,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts