What's for dinner

Do you love easy meals?  I do and want to share this one with you all.  I got this recipe out of The Tightwad Gazette and adapted it to fit what is in my cupboard.  And I don't know about you but the easier the better.
One pot meat rice and noodles!  Not sure the real name I cannot remember this is just what my kids call it!

One Pot Meat Rice and Noodles

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 lbs hamburger
  • 1-2 cups rice, uncooked
  • Handful of spaghetti noodles
  • Either a packet of aujus, or beef broth
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 4-7 cups of water
Directions:
  1.   Cook hamburger till done, remove from pan and set aside.
  2. Add about 2 Tbsp of butter to pan and melt, then add your rice and Noodles, cook until slightly browned.
  3. Add your choice of seasoning either the aujus or the beef broth.
  4. Add water, about 6-7 cups if using 2 cups rice and aujus or 4-5 if using 1 cup rice.  Adjust liquid if using beef broth.
  5. Add the hamburger back in and bring to a boil, turn down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
This is one of those meals I make when I have had a long day and did not plan ahead.  You could also add some veggies to make it a little healthier.  Or season it with whatever seasonings are your favorite and skip the aujus or beef broth for a little less sodium.  I always like to try different ways and see which we like best!
Hope you enjoy it!  I would love to hear what variations you try!

Blessings,
Anna

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts