Dryer Balls


I had to try my hand at making dryer balls because they are suppose to cut your drying time down and help with static and I hate using dryer sheets.  I cannot stand the smell nor do I like what is in them.  Since I have been using Essential oils the smell of things made with perfumes really get to me.  And why use something with nasty unreadable ingredients when you can make it yourself!
So I headed on over to Amazon, one of my favorite places to shop, and found some 100% wool roving yarn to make my own.

These are such an easy and quick project and I love easy and quick!
Just take your yarn and begin by wrapping it around two of your fingers.  I did this about 12 times, remove from your fingers and wrap the yarn around those loops turning after about 10 wraps each time.  I wrap it in all directions so it is as round as I can get it when I am done.  I keep doing this until I get a ball that is about 9-9 1/2 inches around.  When you are first beginning the ball you may have to take a few more wraps in each direction to get it started.  If it is not round in the beginning do not get discouraged it will get more round as you go along. 



After you get them to about the size you want, take a needle with a big eye and run the end in through the ball to the other side, do this a few times then cut the end off. 




Place your balls in a leg cut from a pair of panty hose, tying between each one.  Stick in your washer on the hottest cycle and run on a delicate cycle.  Then into the dryer on the hottest temperature.  This will felt your wool and make it so they hold together.  They will get more felted with each use.  I add Essential oils to mine to make my clothes smell nicer.  My favorites are lemon and other citrus oils!
Give them a try they are very easy and fun to make and don't take much time.  Tell me what you think if you do!

Blessings,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts