Cooking with Young Livings Vitality Essential Oils


 I want to start a whole series of blog posts about cooking with essential oils.  As I was searching Pinterest today I could not find many recipes with beef and at my house beef is what is for dinner.  So I will be experimenting with some new recipes.  Some will be recipes I use all of the time and I will be trading out some of the spices for oils and some will be recipes that I create by experimenting.  Now when I am talking about using essential oils in my food I am only referring to Young Livings Vitality line.
  Young Living is the only company I use and if you choose to use another company I cannot guarantee the same results, nor can I guarantee the quality of any other essential oils, so use at your own risk.  Not only that but I am confident that Young Living essential oils are pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.  I have personally been to one of their farms and was able to watch the distillation process in person and I have great confidence in their seed to seal promise. If you would like more info on their seed to seal promise the link is here:  .https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/discover/seed-to-seal/index

I have been a member of Young Living for over two years now and have been using their oils internally and have not had any issues with them.  If you would like more info on the oils and how you can get them yourself you can go on over to my website where you can get a whole ton of info on Young Living and their products.   Here is the link:  https://getoiling.com/backroadessentials

 This first recipe I am sharing is a beef stew that I added oils to in hopes of it turning out as planned.  And it is beyond what I expected!  I thought it would be good by the smell but you never know, sometimes you are sitting there smelling dinner cooking and you think "Oh it is going to be yummy, only to find out that it was a total flop!"  You know what I mean?!  But this one turned out pretty good and my family thinks so too!  I hope you enjoy it!



Stew with a vitality twist
INGREDIENTS:
·         2 lbs stew meat or other beef cut into chunks
·         6 potatoes peeled and cubed
·         A bag of carrots or to your liking
·         ½ large onion, diced
·         Can of stewed tomatoes
·         Bag of frozen peas
·         ½ to 1 cup cooking wine
·         1 tsp sea salt
·         1 cup flour
·         1 tsp garlic powder
·         Olive oil
·         1 drop thyme vitality essential oil
·         1 drop rosemary vitality essential oil
·         1 drop basil vitality essential oil
·         1 drop black pepper vitality essential oil
DIRECTIONS:
1.       Add 1 cup flour and 1 tsp garlic powder to a large Ziploc bag and shake to mix.  Add the beef and shake to coat.
2.       Heat skillet on medium heat with about a tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom.  Add the beef and brown.
3.       While the beef is cooking cut up your potatoes, carrots, and onion and layer in your slow cooker.   Pour a can of stewed tomatoes over the top.
4.       After the beef is done browning remove from skillet and pour over the other ingredients in the slow cooker.  To the skillet add ½ cup cooking wine, bring to a boil, pour over ingredients in your slow cooker.  Top with the tsp of sea salt.
5.       Let this cook for several hours on low and stir occasionally.  When it is about done add your peas.
6.       About an hour before serving put your drops of vitality oils in a measuring cup and add about a half cup of wine to the oils, stir and pour over the top of the stew.  Let cook for another hour or so to soak up the flavor of the oils!  Serve with your favorite rolls!


A little about cooking with Vitality oils. They can be really strong so make sure you only add a tiny bit to start with.  I was not afraid to add a drop of each to this recipe because it was so large but if I made a smaller portion I would probably stick a toothpick in the oil and add it that way.  Experiment to see how it tastes before you add too much.

And because it is always so much nicer to see things in pictures I have taken pictures while I made it.







The vitality line of oils includes:
      Basil Vitality, Bergamot Vitality,  Black Pepper Vitality, Carrot Seed Vitality,
      Celery Seed Vitality, Cinnamon Bark Vitality, Citrus Fresh Vitality, Clove Vitality, Digize Vitality, Dill Vitality, Endoflex Vitality, Frankincense Vitality, Ginger Vitality, Grapefruit Vitality, Jade Lemon Vitality, Lavender Vitality, Lemon Vitality, Lemongrass Vitality, Lime Vitality, Orange Vitality, Oregano Vitality, Peppermint Vitality, Rosemary Vitality, Spearmint Vitality, Tangerine Vitality, Thieves Vitality, and Thyme Vitality, 

So you can see there are a lot of them!  I have a lot of cooking to do don't you think?

Blessings,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts