Canning Cupboard Made with Pallets


Here is a project I completed a while back that I just had to share with you.  I had been trying to figure out a way to store my canning.  I could not find a good solution and did not want to spend a ton of money and I have a ton of pallets.  I have been wanting to learn how to build for quite some time and figured if my brothers were capable of building things then so could I!  I have four brothers and I believe they all have decent carpentry skills.  So I did some research on line and decided to just go for it.  I measured out my wall and decided on the dimensions that I thought I wanted, measured my pallets and started cutting!  Oh I almost forgot the first thing I did was to purchase one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Kreg-K4MS-Jig-Master-System/dp/B0044BBOQK/ref=sr_1_5?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&q
If you have never used one of these and you are thinking of building something I highly recommend getting one it is well worth the investment. It works great if you are building signs out of pallets also!
Here is a picture of the pocket holes that the jig makes.  I also added glue for extra support.  Especially since it would be holding so much weight!

This is a picture of the front it is the length of a pallet to make it easier for cutting, plus the length was just about what I wanted.

I actually made two frames because I had planned to make it twice the size but decided against it because it would have taken up the whole wall I was putting it on.  So I only used one of them.  I had originally planned on hooking the two together.  So glad I did not because the cupboard was very heavy when it was all done!
  
Just another view.

These are the boards I was using to design the top.



A look at the inside after one of the sides were put on.

 The outside view of the sides, don't you just love the pallet wood grain here?

 
Here is a front view with all of the shelves put in. 
Here it is all finished!  I painted it white, the paint I chose was a flat paint.  I then sanded it to make it look old!  If you can see one of the doors is a little warped which I thought added to the charm!

And here it is in use!
Makes the perfect coffee station!

What do you think?  Not bad for a first try!  I would love to see what others have made.  I just love the whole DIY!  And my all time favorite place to get ideas is Pinterest!  The only problem is I could waste way to much time looking and no time doing!

Blessing,
Anna



 

Comments

  1. Every time I think how amazing you are, you surprise me even more!!!! This is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I think how amazing you are, you surprise me even more!!!! This is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts