And she's off!

Today I took my oldest back to the airport for her return trip to Australia.  She has been there since the first of January.  She surprised us all by showing up last month for her best friends wedding!  One of the best surprises I have ever gotten!  But a month always flies by way to fast so the day had come for her return flight.  This farewell was a little easier than the last I think.  For one thing it will be only five months until her return.  I am excited for her because I know she loves it!  And I am very proud of her for following this dream!
But let me tell you, when she made the decision to go to Australia I was hoping she would change her mind.  I could not imagine sending her across the world all by herself with no plan and no one she knew to meet her there!  But of course she had made this decision and was sticking to it and there was no way I was going to try and change her mind, not that she would have anyway.  And I never want to stand in the way of my kids' dreams.  So she got her passport and her work visa, booked her flight and this dream was becoming a reality!
A few nights before she left I could not sleep for the worrying that I felt for her!  What would happen when she got there with no plan and knowing no one! Of course I imagined all of the worst scenarios that my mind could imagine!  That was when I said to myself "get a grip.  You have to have faith and let her fly!"  I turned to Jesus and started to pray.  I put her in His hands and gave my worry to him!  After that night it has been okay.  I still worry of course but I know I have to let my kids follow their dreams and have faith that it will all be okay.  And she loves it!  So much so that she talks about wanting to stay their permanently.  I guess I better be saving for a trip to Australia!!!  We will see what she decides when she returns!
Dixie tried to stowaway!






Sad goodbyes!

And she's off!
Blessings,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts